had control over
And thank you for asking. It was fun.
stra·tum | \ ˈstrā-təm , ˈstra- \
plural strata \ ˈstrā-tə , ˈstra- \
- a bed or layer artificially made
- a sheetlike mass of sedimentary rock or earth of one kind lying between beds of other kinds
- a region of the sea or atmosphere that is analogous to a stratum of the earth
- a layer of tissue
// deep stratum of the skin
- a layer in which archaeological material (such as artifacts, skeletons, and dwelling remains) is found on excavation
- a part of a historical or sociological series representing a period or a stage of development
- a socioeconomic level of society comprising persons of the same or similar status especially with regard to education or culture
- one of a series of layers, levels, or gradations in an ordered system
// strata of thought
- a statistical subpopulation
From March 4 weekdays between 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Michele Bressan works with everyday images and objects, told and untold stories of characters from the periphery of society, contemporary myths, and personal histories, distilling them into spectral images of a humanity only he seems to understand. Because time, the most important ally of his artistic pursuits, is always on his side. "If time is the one that follows us ...
From 21/09/2021 weekdays between 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
October 2018, I am standing in the garden of Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, in Venice, Peggy Guggenheim’s home turned museum, staring at Jenny Holzer’s 2001 Garden Bench. A unit long white stone bench, with a poem engraved on its surface. I freeze as I read these words, by today, I don’t yet know why: “I don’t want I won’t ask ...
Time: 15/07/2021 @ 12:00 pm – 13/08/2021 @ 6:00 pm
(Almost) any staging involves an operational tripartite bond: an operator, an object / corpus of objects and a spectator / observer. This matrix of a scenography, a turbulent process with its own cascades of options and requirements, multiplies the narrative possibilities within a ritualistic geometry of tensions. Paul Barbu stages an elastic space-time, whose logic requires multiple stages of truth, ...
Time: 23/05/2021 @ 12:00 pm – 23/05/2021 @ 8:00 pm
“Life is a life sentence; life is passing time; life is freethinking. I like to use real time; this allows me to live in art time, and to think freely. In your work, sometimes the duration is governed by the limits of your body. But sometimes it’s a set time. How do you decide the duration of a performance?” - ...
- 11/03/2021 @ 2:00 pm - 11/05/2021 @ 8:00 pm UTC+3
- 23/05/2021 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+3
- 25/05/2021 @ 9:00 am - 9:00 pm UTC+3
- 27/05/2021 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 pm UTC+3
- 29/05/2021 @ 5:00 pm - 30/05/2021 @ 5:00 pm UTC+3
- 15/07/2021 @ 12:00 pm - 13/08/2021 @ 6:00 pm UTC+3
- 20/09/2021 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+3
- 21/09/2021 @ 12:00 pm - 31/12/2021 @ 9:00 pm UTC+3
- March 4 @ 12:00 pm - April 4 @ 6:00 pm UTC+3
STRATA Gallery assumes no responsibility for any errors or inaccuracies, makes no warranty of any kind (express, implied or statutory) with respect to the published information and expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purposes.
Any content, screen renderings or files copied from STRATA Gallery may be used for presentation purposes only, and must be credited to STRATA Gallery. No further use is allowed. No part of this website may be reproduced, re-published, posted on the internet, stored or disseminated without written permission by STRATA Gallery.