had control over
And thank you for asking. It was fun.
stra·tum | \ ˈstrā-təm , ˈstra- \
plural strata \ ˈstrā-tə , ˈstra- \
- a bed or layer artificially made
- a sheetlike mass of sedimentary rock or earth of one kind lying between beds of other kinds
- a region of the sea or atmosphere that is analogous to a stratum of the earth
- a layer of tissue
// deep stratum of the skin
- a layer in which archaeological material (such as artifacts, skeletons, and dwelling remains) is found on excavation
- a part of a historical or sociological series representing a period or a stage of development
- a socioeconomic level of society comprising persons of the same or similar status especially with regard to education or culture
- one of a series of layers, levels, or gradations in an ordered system
// strata of thought
- a statistical subpopulation
From September 21 weekdays between 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
October 2018, I am standing in the garden of Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, in Venice, Peggy Guggenheim’s home turned museum, staring at Jenny Holzer’s 2001 Garden Bench. A unit long white stone bench, with a poem engraved on its surface. I freeze as I read these words, by today, I don’t yet know why: “I don’t want I won’t ask ...
Time: July 15 @ 12:00 pm – August 13 @ 6:00 pm
(Almost) any staging involves an operational tripartite bond: an operator, an object / corpus of objects and a spectator / observer. This matrix of a scenography, a turbulent process with its own cascades of options and requirements, multiplies the narrative possibilities within a ritualistic geometry of tensions. Paul Barbu stages an elastic space-time, whose logic requires multiple stages of truth, ...
Time: May 23 @ 12:00 pm – May 23 @ 8:00 pm
“Life is a life sentence; life is passing time; life is freethinking. I like to use real time; this allows me to live in art time, and to think freely. In your work, sometimes the duration is governed by the limits of your body. But sometimes it’s a set time. How do you decide the duration of a performance?” - ...
Time: March 11 @ 2:00 pm – May 11 @ 8:00 pm
“Since the tubes of paint used by the artist are manufactured and ready made products we must conclude that all the paintings in the world are ‘readymades aided’ and also works of assemblage.” – Marcel Duchamp ALLreadymade is about things that are all ready there, about things that have probably been already done, about all these and probably about something ...
- September 21 @ 12:00 pm - December 31 @ 9:00 pm UTC+3 at Strata Gallery
- March 11 @ 2:00 pm - May 11 @ 8:00 pm UTC+3
- May 23 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+3
- May 25 @ 9:00 am - 9:00 pm UTC+3
- May 27 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 pm UTC+3
- May 29 @ 5:00 pm - May 30 @ 5:00 pm UTC+3
- July 15 @ 12:00 pm - August 13 @ 6:00 pm UTC+3
- September 20 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+3
STRATA Gallery assumes no responsibility for any errors or inaccuracies, makes no warranty of any kind (express, implied or statutory) with respect to the published information and expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purposes.
Any content, screen renderings or files copied from STRATA Gallery may be used for presentation purposes only, and must be credited to STRATA Gallery. No further use is allowed. No part of this website may be reproduced, re-published, posted on the internet, stored or disseminated without written permission by STRATA Gallery.